Become a Tourist in Your Own Town : Exploring New York City (my home) with a Film Camera
Join me as I visit some of my favorite "not in the tour guide book" spots in NYC where I go for visual inspiration, get work done or just relax!
Hopefully you'll stop to *scroll* and start to *stroll* through your city with an extra keen eye. Sometimes the best inspiration is just outside your doorstep.
• Elizabeth Street Garden - Spend a lazy afternoon getting creative under the watchful gaze of stone lions in this locals' favorite. Sadly the city is trying to demolish this beautiful haven for even more housing. Visit the garden's official site to learn more.
• SoHo - Though it is most well known for its luxury shopping, SoHo's architecture isn't to be missed (if you can find a quiet street).
• Jack's Wife Freida - You might not have heard of this spot a few years back, but their new nearly-Parisien corner location is hard to miss. I like to stop for a coffee and people-watch, taking in the sounds of the city.
• Washington Square Park / NYU - Greenwich Village is full of quaint hidden alleyways. Just north of Washington Square Park on NYU's campus is this gem. Can you find it?
• West Village - If there's a place in Manhattan that has more charm than the West Village, I haven't found it. Get lost in these winding streets of stunning brick.
What's a spot in your city you hold dear? Get exploring, and leave me a "Take" showing off your hometown pride.